Old July 8th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Me in London today

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, David Hansen wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:20:37 +0100 someone who may be Ian Jelf
wrote this:-

In message , Clive D. W. Feather
writes

For those who care, here's what happened to me today.

Glad to hear you're okay, Clive.

Yes. Some of us do care.

Like many of us, I went through the "I could have been there" scenario

I think it is the familiar locations that make this line of thinking
even more prevalent.

That's just it. It's particularly chilling in my case - my route to work
is the Piccadilly line southbound to Russell Square. I usually cycle, but
i was thinking of taking the train that day; the weather wasn't great, and
i had a talk to give at work.

I do take comfort from two facts: firstly, the exits at Russell Square are
right at the southern end of the platform, so i always get on in the first
carriage, to save on walking, so i would have been a good distance from
the bomb; secondly, it's unlikely that i'd have been out of bed by 0850,
let alone on a tube train!

tom

--
Baby got a masterplan. A foolproof masterplan.