Old July 8th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard Sobey Richard Sobey is offline

Default Me in London today

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:57:37 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

For those who care, here's what happened to me today.

Goot hear you're ok.

About 09:45 I heard a loud bang in the distance. I thought it was
south-east (that is, towards Holborn) but I guess it was the Tavistock
Square bus. When I got to Angel and met up with others, the reports were
of a "power surge". The other attendees each had their own - confused -
stories of what had happened.

I witnessed the bus explosion - I must have been standing approx 50
metres away, shuffling in the general drection of other commuters
trying to work out why central London tube stations were shut down
(most of us were assuming it was simply TfL delays or signalling
problems, although there was a rumour of a suspect package and of
course power surges). I was thus stranded in the Euston Rd. area until
about 13:00 until I met with a family member and went to his office
until St Pancras was re-opened.

All in all it wasn't one of my better commuting experiences...

Richard