Old July 8th 05, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default Me in London today

In article .com, MIG
wrote:

Unlimited Eddie wrote:
... Would it be correct to assume that
... the bus was about one quarter of a block down the
street from the hotel?
Was it travelling towards Euston or towards Russell Square?

It was about two and a half blocks north of the Hotel Russell (or less
blocks on the other side of the road), ie about three fifths of the way
from Hotel Russell to Euston Road.

It must have been heading south from Euston and was directly outside
the window of the office I used to work in in the BMA building (rented
out to various).

Since the route 30 doesn't go there, I can only assume that it had been
diverted following the earlier incident at Kings Cross. This hasn't
been explained in any reports that I have seen.

It's explained in detail with maps by the BBC on their "In Depth" and
"In Detail" pages; the bus event is described at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h.../html/tavistoc
k.stm. The "In Depth" stuff starts at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...ions/default.s
tm, linked from the front page at http://news.bbc.co.uk/.