Old August 26th 03, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Exact Fare Only

In article ,
() wrote:

CJG wrote:
Buses are slowed down so much with drivers getting change. And even

I strongly believe (based on personal observation) that most of the
delay to buses is actually tourists (etc) asking "does this bus go to
Harrods?" and so on, and if told no, entering into a debate about which
bus does. Or people asking the driver of Bus A where Bus B (being the
one they need) has got to, because there hasn't been one for ages.

Neither of these cases will be helped by cashless or fixed-fare buses.

I suspect the pay before boarding requirement will lose a lot of tourist
traffic. I know that I never used a bus in Warsaw because I couldn't find
anywhere to buy the right tickets with my limited Polish. The guides said
to use street kiosks but they seemed always to be shut. If you don't have
the exact money the new machines don't want to know you.

--
Colin Rosenstiel