Old July 8th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] x.x@ntlworld.com is offline

Default Russell Square question

David Spiro wrote:
First, sympathies and admiration to the Londoners for their courage during
this terrible time. Having been in NYC visiting my mother during 9/11, I
have a good sense of what you must be feeling. Of course, you have far more
experience with this than we do, but at the very least, in some respects, we
have a shared experience.

Second, while staying in London in 1989 while on my honeymoon my wife and I
lodged at a hotel on Russell Square named The President. Is it still there?
Also, I remember eating several times at a pub called The Friend At Hand. It
had a placard of a man rescuing someone in the water from a rowboat. I was
also wondering if it was still there?

I seem to remember that the Russell Square tube station was a rather small
one compared with some of the others around town.

I think most Americans would do best to take a cue form Londoners on how to
deal with these terrorist *******s.

--
David Spiro
Liver Transplant Recipient - 8/1/97

Yes - these look look them - are they familiar ?

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...Russell_Square

http://ehotelengland.com/london/president/