Old July 9th 05, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Which way were the trains going?

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:08:30 +0100, Dockland
wrote:

London Underground have confirmed that the Liv. St train was heading on
the outer circle rail from Liverpool St towards Aldgate, although looking
at the actual software system maps they used to show the location and
direction of the trains it looked to me as if it was headed for Aldgate
East.

The Edgware Rd train was heading from Baker Street towards Paddington.

An eyewitness I have seen interviewed on the Picadilly train said he got
on at Finsbury Park.

LU computer system diagrams also confirm all three bombs went off within
50 seconds of each other at 8.50am.

We only have the computer system info for the two Circle line trains.
The train was definitely an outer rail circle heading for Aldgate. At
the point of what must have been the explosion we got a fair bit of
spurious data which shows up as extra tracks occupied. The piccadilly
confirmation apparently comes from the time the tunnel telephone went
down.