Old July 9th 05, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default timescale wrong

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:23:29 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Express bus services are operating between Arnos Grove and Finchley
Central, and from Bounds Green, Wood Green and Turnpike Lane to Seven
Sisters.

Perhaps WAGN will be able to operate some improved service to stations
between New Southgate / Bowes Park and Finsbury Park or Highbury &
Islington.

Certainly WAGN will get displaced traffic from Bounds Green and Wood
Green. Have they got the stock to increase the service frequency,
though?

I can't even imagine how they begin sorting out the mess below King's
Cross. They are having trouble retrieving the unfortunate victims, let
alone do anything else. I feel sorry for anyone who is waiting for news
of their missing friends and relatives.

It was rather stunning to hear Tessa Jowell admit about half an hour
ago that none of the 49 dead have been officially identified yet. The
only "good" aspect of this is that the 25-odd people who are known to
be "missing" will be amongst them and the un-recovered at King's
Cross, so the overall toll in that respect will still be 49 plus
whoever is left at King's Cross, not 49 plus 25 plus King's Cross.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk