Old July 9th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default timescale wrong

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 18:36:08 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

In message , Nick Cooper
writes

It was rather stunning to hear Tessa Jowell admit about half an hour
ago that none of the 49 dead have been officially identified yet.

There is still info coming out that is contradictory. We're told
it all went off at 8:50, yet a guy is filming it happen at Edgware
Road at 9:20.

It's past the usual sloppy journalism phase and becoming
annoying.

At the press conference today it was categorically stated that all
three Underground bomb went off within - IIRC - a 50 second
time-frame. They showed screen-grabs from the Circle line software
showing train positions at various stages/times. If someone's Mobile
phone footage is being shown with differing time, I suspect the
problem is more that the clock on their phone is wrong!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk