Old July 9th 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Which way were the trains going?

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:03 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Nick Cooper) wrote:

Hardly surprising, considering they're still claiming that the Picc
line tunnel is "unsafe," long after Tim O'Toole confirmed that there
is nothing wrong with it. Mind you, they - like so many media outlets
- continued to claim that this is the first ever terrorist attack on
the London Underground, which it definitely isn't by a degree of some
70 years!

This is the first deep-level tube bomb. That is a very different matter
from cut and cover tunnels as the blast will have been much more confined.

Apart from Wood Green in 1975 (the day after West Ham), of course.
Date-wise, I was thinking of the 1939 IRA bombs at Tottenham Court
Road and Leicester Square, although they were in the left luggage
offices.

So maybe that was what they were saying?

I doubt they'd be able to make the distinction, considering way "Tube"
has been used to describe the sub-surface trains/lines the last few
days! That aside, the terms used that I've heard have been, "the first
terrorist attack on the _Underground_."
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk