Old August 26th 03, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Two things

Stuart wrote:
Two things, neither of which warrant a thread each:

When you get on a bus with a pass the driver presses a button on his
ticket machine. Does this actually register anywhere - i.e. in
monetary benefits for the bus company or in passenger statistics?
I ask because whenever I get on at a busy bus stop the driver just
presses it randomly as passengers get on, especially when he has to
pause while taking some cash. There is no way they are accurate.

True. And on bendy buses you don't need to show your pass/travelcard to the
driver, so evidently they can do without the information on those routes. I
too wonder what decisions or payments happen as a result of capturing this
"information".

Secondly, closed Bus Stops. There are quite a few in my patch at the
moment as there is major gas work going on. The number of people who
stand there next to a large yellow sign saying 'BUS STOP CLOSED' and a
cover over the 'flag' saying 'BUS STOP CLOSED' and then get annoyed
when the bus goes straight past them. Very entertaining, but I have to
wonder... are these people very stupid?

Not necessarily. They may realise that TfL are often lazy about removing
the Closed signs when the bus stop returns to use.
--
Richard J.