Old July 10th 05, 07:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Joel Rowbottom Joel Rowbottom is offline

Default Mobile Phones on the London Underground

Paul Weaver wrote:

About the only form of public transport where you are safe from "HELLO!
I'M ON A TRAIN! I'M VERY IMPORTANT SO I'LL TALK ABOUT MY BORING LIFE AT
FULL VOLUME FOR EVERYONE TO HEAR"

But they'd need to shout louder if Underground - don't forget you need
to yell to get through the rock.

I did find it rather maddening to be sitting opposite a retard on the
GNER quiet coach recently, who was sat below a poster saying
"Considerate people only in this coach - please use the vestibules for
phone calls" while he was bellowing into his mobile
(http://nokia.fotopic.net/p17089561.html). He then had the front to ask
the woman across the aisle to keep her child quiet because he was trying
to make a phone call.

(headers trimmed to u.t.l)

--
Joel Rowbottom, joelatfotopicdotnet