Old August 26th 03, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Two things

In message , Stuart
writes

Secondly, closed Bus Stops. There are quite a few in my patch at the
moment as there is major gas work going on. The number of people who
stand there next to a large yellow sign saying 'BUS STOP CLOSED' and a
cover over the 'flag' saying 'BUS STOP CLOSED' and then get annoyed
when the bus goes straight past them. Very entertaining, but I have to
wonder... are these people very stupid?

In this area they moved the bus stop up the road about 50feet on the
other side of some traffic lights. They took down the actual bus stops.
And put massive posters on the bus shelter to say the bus stop had
moved. The bus often stopped near the bus shelter because it had stopped
at a red light on the traffic light. It was highly amusing to see people
running into the road and banging on the door. And then see them running
up the road following the bus to the new bus stop.
I don't think people are stupid. I just think some people get so use to
something that change doesn't register. Personally Im glad Im not going
to be driving a bus when they change the 70p fare to £1. The number of
people who will be dropping their pound coins and expecting change and
not getting it despite all the publicity that will probably going to
come with the fare change is going to be high. And then the arguments
when they don't get their change....

--
CJG