Old July 10th 05, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Mike is offline

Default Russell Square question

just a quick note...the President hotel was where the Beatles stayed for a
short time when they first moved to London from Liverpool, at the start of
their rise to stardom...

Mike

"David Spiro" wrote in message
First, sympathies and admiration to the Londoners for their courage during
this terrible time. Having been in NYC visiting my mother during 9/11, I
have a good sense of what you must be feeling. Of course, you have far
more
experience with this than we do, but at the very least, in some respects,
we
have a shared experience.

Second, while staying in London in 1989 while on my honeymoon my wife and
lodged at a hotel on Russell Square named The President. Is it still
there?
Also, I remember eating several times at a pub called The Friend At Hand.
It
had a placard of a man rescuing someone in the water from a rowboat. I was
also wondering if it was still there?

I seem to remember that the Russell Square tube station was a rather small
one compared with some of the others around town.

I think most Americans would do best to take a cue form Londoners on how
deal with these terrorist *******s.

--
David Spiro
Liver Transplant Recipient - 8/1/97