Old July 10th 05, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Which way were the trains going?

In article op.stnf8gztw13aik@stephen, Dockland
writes
London Underground have confirmed that the Liv. St train was heading on
the outer circle rail from Liverpool St towards Aldgate, although
looking at the actual software system maps they used to show the
location and direction of the trains it looked to me as if it was
headed for Aldgate East.

If you look carefully at the third diagram, you can see the yellow line
is curving rightwards towards the lozenge saying 235 (which is a
westbound H&C train crossing over the front of Aldgate station), and not
along the grey line past the disused Aldgate East station.

I suspect that the thin yellow lines in the third image indicate
sections of track that are showing "occupied" to the signalling system
even though there's no train on them, presumably because of the effects
of the explosion.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: