Old July 10th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matt Wheeler Matt Wheeler is offline

Default Monday services

"John" wrote in message
Firstly, can I say what a wonderful job all the police, ambulance,
fire
services, underground and bus staff have done to cope with this
event. I
know from speaking to a policemen closely involved that it was a
great
shock and will take months for some to get over.

Unfortunately I (and others) have to go to work on Monday (Friday
wasn't
too bad because so many stayed at home). Does anyone know what is
planned to be different to Monday or when we are likely to see a
change?

For lack of any other information, I'd expect the underground lines to
be the same as this weekend, ie no Circle, H&C only between Paddington
and Hammersmith, and the same Piccadilly service levels.

TFL have said they hope to get the circle/H&C running again in the
next few days, but it will be a few weeks (at least) for the Pic.

One thing I was wondering, however.
As part of the "emergency" timetable, the service to Olympia has been
axed. Surely they could run an Olympia to Tower Hill (or further,
whitechapel ?) service using some of the "spare" C-stock to cover for
the missing Circle service.