Old July 11th 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Monday services

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

I find that surprising, for the Victoria at least. It has separate
escalators even. Also the reports said the rescue work was having
to take place from the front of the train, i,e. Russell Square.

Then perhaps the reports are wrong. Many of them are still
contradictory, so it wouldn't surprise me. As for King's Cross St
Pancras, don't all the main escalators lead to the same tube ticket
hall? It seems to me perfectly reasonable that the people examining and
removing body parts from the tunnel should be able to bring them up into
an area to which the public don't have access. Possibly the Victoria
could be accessed via the Thameslink station, but I'm not sure what the
crowd control implications would be.

But the access was said to be via Russell Square, surely? The ticket hall
is common, insofar as it isn't a building site.

--
Colin Rosenstiel