Old July 11th 05, 01:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] pvos58@yahoo.com is offline

Default timescale wrong

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message , Nick Cooper
writes

It was rather stunning to hear Tessa Jowell admit about half an hour
ago that none of the 49 dead have been officially identified yet.

There is still info coming out that is contradictory. We're told
it all went off at 8:50, yet a guy is filming it happen at Edgware
Road at 9:20.

It's past the usual sloppy journalism phase and becoming
annoying.

This is very odd to me. I can understand two blasts reported within
five minutes initially being treated as distinct times due to initial
confusion. But 20 minutes? Anyone on their way to work knows the
difference between "a little before 9" and a "quarter past 9".... it's
the difference between getting to work on time and having to come up
with a valid excuse. I wonder if any survivors have been interviewed
with respect to the time they recall their train stopping?

Even with the change in reported timeline, you still only need 2 guys
to do all this damage. One guy gets on at King's Cross, rides a stop
and drops a package on Circle line eastbound, gets off, grabs a Circle
Line going westbound for one stop, drops a package and gets off at
King's Cross .... he would even have time for the bus.

The Picadilly Line would have to be a second person because of the
timing. He would certainly have time to get the bus also.

Edward Cowling London UK