Old July 11th 05, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dave F dave       F is offline

Default location of the bombs?

Clive D. W. Feather wrote in message
In article , dave F
writes
I understand the bomb executed on the Piccadilly Line was at the front of
the train - does anyone know if the Heathrow bound platform at KC is the

one
closest to the Northern Line escalator?

Yes. With the front closest to the connecting passage and escalator.

If that is the case the bomber must
have entered the platform from the main Kings Cross escalators and
immediately onto the platform, from there he entered a waiting train and
must have escaped as the doors were closing and exited the platform by
taking the short link onto the Northern Line escalator.

Why "must"? It's a hypothesis, but that's all. He could equally have
walked along the platform and out through the Thameslink station. If,
indeed, he planted the bomb there.

Hmm? sorry I don't think so. How can you fit the Thameslink station within
the bomb planting operation?