Old July 12th 05, 12:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Which way were the trains going?

In article , (David
Splett) wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Details are fairly sketchy, almost certainly because nobody was
killed, so it wasn't a "major incident" that would be remembered. The
only other place I know it is coveredc is the commentary of the
Piccadilly "Driver's Eye View" video, teh gist of which was it was
while still in the platform tunnel, while in the process of reversing,
but my memory may be wrong on that.

It was a 1959 stock train, and IIRC the train was in Wood Green's
eastbound platform, either waiting for the siding route to be set, or
moving slowly into the siding. There's a picture in Rails Through The
Clay IIRC. The train wasn't too badly damaged, but nonetheless the 59ts
car concerned had to be scrapped.

Which edition of "Rails Through The Clay". It's not in mine because it was
published before then.

It wouldn't have been worth repairing a car maybe. In 1975 it was about to
be replaced on the Piccadilly. I have a feeling there were some other
damaged units from which stock in better condition could be taken to
restore a unit to service.

--
Colin Rosenstiel