Old August 26th 03, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Exact Fare Only

In message , Arthur Figgis
] writes
I was recently caught out in Germany when I tried to buy a ticket from
a machine on a tram. There were no machines at the stops, and on-board
ticket machines seem quite common over there. It wouldn't accept any of
our money, so we, erm, might have had a free ride. Still, we bought day
tickets later on, so the company didn't lose in the end (just in case
Freiburg transport are reading this!).

In Cologne no-one buys a ticket on the tram apart from the tourists. As
there are no ticket inspectors.
--
CJG