Old July 12th 05, 01:43 AM posted to alt.conspiracy,uk.transport.london
Peter Vos Peter Vos is offline

Default 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

wrote:
Richard - too true.

Anyone who lives in London knows that your regular tube journey - can
take 30mins to 45mins with no obvious problems (50% variance is not
uncommon). Trains are not that punctual - signal faults, flooding
person under the train are daily occurances. Esp Picaddily, circle and
central.

30 minutes to 45 minutes from KX to Eustone Sq.? Really?

King's cross is packed at rush hour, and is quite a walk between the
circle and pica/victoria lines. Don't think you can plan this sort of
thing..

How long a walk is quite a walk... 3 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

Richard J. wrote:
Ed Lake wrote:

I'm only assuming that the culprit is familiar with the way things
happen at King's Cross. I'm assuming that he's gotten off the
eastbound Circle line at the same time every weekday for years and
knows that a westbound train arrives at the other side of the
platform moments later.

Moments later? Meaning just a few seconds? No, it will in practice be
anything from 0 to 2 minutes, or longer if the service is disrupted,
which is not uncommon.

He also knows that as he's going up the elevator, a southbound
Picadilly Line train arrives at an upper level. He's not going by
any specific schedule. He's going by his EXPERIENCE with what
happens at King's Cross.

Clearly *you* don't have any relevant experience of how LU operates in
practice. Apart from the fact that you don't go *up* in a *lift*
(elevator) to the Piccadilly at King's Cross, the idea that a Piccadilly
train arrives at precisely the same time every day ("as he's going up
the elevator") is an absurd assumption.
--
Richard J.