Old July 12th 05, 01:54 AM posted to alt.conspiracy,uk.transport.london
Peter Vos Peter Vos is offline

Default 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

asdf wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:19:53 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Ed Lake wrote:

I'm only assuming that the culprit is familiar with the way things
happen at King's Cross. I'm assuming that he's gotten off the
eastbound Circle line at the same time every weekday for years and
knows that a westbound train arrives at the other side of the
platform moments later.

Moments later? Meaning just a few seconds? No, it will in practice be
anything from 0 to 2 minutes, or longer if the service is disrupted,
which is not uncommon.

He also knows that as he's going up the elevator, a southbound
Picadilly Line train arrives at an upper level. He's not going by
any specific schedule. He's going by his EXPERIENCE with what
happens at King's Cross.

Clearly *you* don't have any relevant experience of how LU operates in
practice. Apart from the fact that you don't go *up* in a *lift*
(elevator) to the Piccadilly at King's Cross, the idea that a Piccadilly
train arrives at precisely the same time every day ("as he's going up
the elevator") is an absurd assumption.

This is the same guy who has repeatedly suggested that the bombs were
placed under seats. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd never been on an
Underground train in his life. In any case it's obvious he has no idea
what he's talking about.

Actually I think you have people confused here. I'm the guy who
assumed that it was under a seat or out of the way. I made it clear
that was an assumption and posted it here because I don't ride the tube
and folks here actuallly work on it.

The point of the scenario was to determine if it was possible for one
person to physically get to all three trains during rush hour in a
tight enough window to explain the explosions. The smallest time
window I could come up with was about 12 minutes total elapsed time
assuming the last bomb was placed on the Piccadilly Line at KX between
8:49 and 8:50

I am assuming it is physically possible to go from KX to Euston Sq. and
back in 8 to 5 minutes. Is that not possible?

I am also assuming it is physically possible to get from the Circle
Line to the Piccadilly Line platform in 3 to 5 minutes. Is that not
possible?

If those numbers are possible, then you can't rule out one person doing
this. I am not saying this is what actually happened. But what is
clear is that two people could easily have done this.