Old July 12th 05, 01:40 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,uk.transport.london
Peter Vos Peter Vos is offline

Default 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

I completely agree with you, it was planned by lines not specific
trains. The configuration of the KX stop suggests that he may have
left the bombs by the doors that opened on the KX platform because it
is the doors on the OPPOSITE side that open for other stations.

That makes it even more likely a one man job. Basically you plant the
two bombs on the Circle Line with anywhere from 6 to 10 minutes left
over to get to the Piccadilly Line platform.

What I'm wondering is how commonly do trains going in opposite
directions show up at about the same time on the Circle Line platform
at KX? The reason I ask is I could see this sort of scenario:

Get to Circle Line around 8:00 and wait until you have two trains going
in opposite direction arriving at the platform close in time. For
example, when one is in the station while another is approaching. That
is the pair you pick. The reason being it will give you the most time
(8 to 10 minutes) to get to the Piccadilly Line. There you simply hit
whichever train shows up first. You don't hang around long enough to
hit trains going in both directions on that line because there was no
way you could do that and keep the explosions more or less
synchronized.

This cuts out all the shuttling back and forth and makes it real easy
for one man to do it. It has an added advantage: If you wait to start
the sequence when you have two trains in hand, even if the Piccadilly
Line is out of service you will be guaranteed a double hit. The short
delay on the Russell St. bomb could reflect a longer wait than
anticipated for a target train or it could have been set shorter.

I'm inclined to believe the timers were all set at the same time and
the last train simply took a bit longer to arrive than expected. The
alternative (you set and drop, set and drop, set and drop....) would
require a separate countdown timer to keep track of elapsed time and
would be too confusing for most people, especially working under a
tight schedule with no room for mistakes.

This scenario suggests they should be looking for a male weighing 70 to
80 kg (about 150 to 180 lb) who is in good physical condition, carrying
a backpack traveling from the Circle line platform between 8:35 and
8:45 who takes the escalator to Piccadilly then quickly takes the
escalator to the surface.

yitzak wrote:
No!
what I meant to say was that on a journey that can take 30mins, it can
take 45 mins; Without obvious problems (which there are many daily).
When there are problems it can get to an hour.
Its not an exact science, stations get packed they sometimes stop you
actually getting into the station/platform.

Of course Euston Sq is very close walkable - but its not uncoomon esp
on the circle line to get stuck in a tunnel.

Also no space under seats - only by removing cushions and no rubbish
bins - the IRA saw to that.

Not disputing one man could have done it, but I don't think he had
preplanned trains - just the lines.