Old July 12th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Street Map showing tube lines?

Roland Perry typed

In message , at 15:43:14 on
Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Helen Deborah Vecht
remarked:
That map suffers from "joining the dots" syndrome, in common with every
other similar electronically produced railway map I've seen. So it gives
a general indication, much of the time, but there very many detailed
"errors". For example, the City branch of the Northern line is
completely wrong at Euston.

I *think* the bus maps have this one about right, but am prepared to be
corrected.

Unfortunately, the "Central" map (which is the one that would include
Euston) doesn't have the underground lines on it. Meanwhile, the various
'outer' maps don't show the detail inside the "Central" area.

Of course, there aren't very many interesting below surface lines
outside the "Central" zone. However, they have the approaches to Ealing
Broadway reasonably OK (but that's overground, anyway, so visible on
normal maps).

Mine does (it's a bit old, map dated 3/3/04, so probably has been
superceded) I can email it to anyone who wants it.

It shows the Bank branch of the Northern Line running between Albany
Street and Hampstead Road, then swinging east, north of Euston Road,
into Euston. Chx branch is shown running immediately west of Eversholt
Street into Euston. It seems reasonably accurate, if diagrammatic to me.

Let me know if you want it; all Tube lines are shown in their
traditional colours.

The Central London Night map I have does not show these details. (It is
older, dated 18/3/03 but downloaded last May)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.