Old August 27th 03, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Two things

Steve Peake wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:41:54 +0100, Phil Richards wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:39:28 +0100 Steve Peake
said...

Anyone know whats happening to the out to zone A £1 fares, do they
go up?

Zone 1 I think you mean?

No the outside bus zone 4 fares, either called zone 5 and 6, or zone A
(depending where you look)

Zones 5, 6, A, B, C, D are Travelcard zones, relevant to tubes and trains
only. Bus Zone 4 covers roughly Travelcard zones 4/5/6.

eg 235 Brentford-Feltham=70p
235 Brentford-Sunbury=£1

After this change they will both be the same price, so I assume the
outer fare will be adjusted?

According to the Tfl site, "The following tickets may be used on all bus
services run on behalf of London Buses outside the Greater London area:
a.. Bus Passes valid for Zones 1, 2, 3 & 4.
b.. Bus 'Saver'.
c.. One Day Bus and Tram Pass.
d.. All Travelcards and LT Cards."
So the Brentford-Sunbury fare is 65p with a Saver (70p from Jan 2004).
Presumably the cash fare will go up, thus encouraging people to buy savers.
One wonders whether the expected revenue growth from these new fares will
actually happen as people become more aware of how to beat the increases.
--
Richard J.