Old July 13th 05, 06:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
AndyColeman AndyColeman is offline

Default Taking a dog on the underground

Hi,

Next week we will need to take our dog (a Labrador) on a little journey
from Finchley Central to Waterloo. From there we will be going down to
Haslemere on the mainline. I am not too worried about the mainline
train but is it ok for me to take the dog on the tube? I have seen
others with dogs so it is presumably ok, but just wondered if it was
not allowed in the central parts of the network.

One concern is the escalators. I have seen signs on some escalators
indicating that dogs need to be carried. As she is 30kg this could be
difficult on a long escalator. I can pick her up when get on and off
but it should be safe to put her down while traveling up.

Thanks for any advice.

Andy