Old July 13th 05, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Garry Smith Garry Smith is offline

Default bombers use Luton

wrote in message
oups.com...

As seperate point. Can anyone explain Thameslink's thinking this
afternoon and evening. I don't mean as to which stations were closed,
I understand that. What I mean is that it seemed as if they were only
pushing trains up the slow line, with 10 or 15 minute waits at
stations. (It took about 2 hours to get from Moorgate to St Albans).
This made for a hot and uncomfortable time for all. Is there some
reason, i.e. points or something, that they couldn't use the fast line
as well? Are they unable to reverse the trains?

I don't know the track layout, but maybe they can only turn
them round at St A if they're on the slow line.

When we eventually reached St A just after 8pm last night,
another northbound train arrived on the fast line, and they
said that it was going as far as Harpenden.

Our snail's pace journey wasn't helped by a woman who
dropped her handbag onto the track at West Hampstead.
After a long wait there, the driver was paging her by name
over the PA - "if Mrs X Y is here, the driver has your handbag".

Bad enough to drop your handbag, dear, but to leave the
scene as well, on a day like yesterday....!!
--
Garry Smith