Old July 13th 05, 02:40 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default They say 4 ( was 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

"Peter Vos" wrote in message
oups.com...
If true, it suggests a significantly higher level of research beyond
merely riding the trains and checking out TfL maps. I would guess 99%
or more of riders who actually transit those junctions never think
about them.
If it was actually intended, then scheduling becomes more relevant
because you have to pick two trains that will simultaneously hit the
junctions. Hard to believe it was simple dumb luck.

Even if they had access to the current timetables, the realities of the
Underground (especially the Circle Line) mean that there is still little
chance that the trains will actually get to the junctions at the advertised
time. I just find it implausible that the bombers could choose a specific
time and then be able to be in the chosen spots within a 50-second window.

One other thing strikes me as strange. If we assume the Picc bomber got on
the train at King's Cross, this was only probably a minute or two before the
time of explosion. If the bomb *had* to go off at 0851 he was cutting things
very fine, as all it would have needed was a gap in the service and things
would not have gone according to plan. ISTR that the Picc was disrupted at
the time - perhaps this was a factor.