Old July 13th 05, 06:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Rees Richard Rees is offline

Default bombers use Luton

In article .com,
says...

As seperate point. Can anyone explain Thameslink's thinking this
afternoon and evening. I don't mean as to which stations were closed,
I understand that. What I mean is that it seemed as if they were only
pushing trains up the slow line, with 10 or 15 minute waits at
stations. (It took about 2 hours to get from Moorgate to St Albans).
This made for a hot and uncomfortable time for all. Is there some
reason, i.e. points or something, that they couldn't use the fast line
as well? Are they unable to reverse the trains?

I assume that they didn't want to overload St Albans with people waiting
for the coaches, so deliberately delayed the trains.

Our train was one that crossed over to the fast line before Radlett -
picked up a load of passengers there, presumably dropped by the previous
train terminating there, and then went on to Harpenden on the fast
track.