Old July 13th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default They say 4 ( was 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:40:32 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

I still do not understand the need for the amazing amount of speculation
and theorizing.

Human nature.
Surely you don't expect people to sit back and say nothing more than
"I expect we'll find out all about it when the official report comes out
and the officials tell us what happened"?

I'm obviously not human then. I can fully understand people discussing
privately how they feel or perhaps commenting on facts released by the
police or by TfL. I genuinely see no value in people trying to speculate
on whether you can chuck bombs on Circle Line trains from opposing
platforms at Kings Cross or how quickly you can dash to the Piccadilly
Line. It's over and done with - what does knowing or speculating add to
anyone's future journey plans?

Is Kings Cross station going to be redesigned to prevent people moving
too quickly from one platform to another just in case someone might
decide to place bombs? - I hardly think so. People placing bombs in any
public place is a risk that many, many people have to live with to
varying degrees of probability. Our world and our lives are not going to
be redesigned to try to make them bomb proof.

Given that the Police appear to be saying that these were suicide
bombers why are people still talking about the possibilities of there
being one bomber? That discussion has been overtaken by events.

People have enquiring minds and want to test their ideas and theories by
communicating with others.

I see nothing wrong in that. Do you?

I think it is pointless in this particular context. I'm obviously just
odd.
--
Paul C