Old July 13th 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Marķa Marķa is offline

Default bombers use Luton

wrote in message
oups.com...

dave F wrote:

Did anyone experience such problem with the Thameslink line before the
bombing raid took place?

Yes. Caught the 07.04 from Luton that day. It crawled down the slow
line. The overhead wires were hanging loose over the fast line near
the RAF museum. That train usually arrives into KXTL at about 7.40.
It was more like 7.55 on Thursday.

As seperate point. Can anyone explain Thameslink's thinking this
afternoon and evening. I don't mean as to which stations were closed,
I understand that. What I mean is that it seemed as if they were only
pushing trains up the slow line, with 10 or 15 minute waits at
stations. (It took about 2 hours to get from Moorgate to St Albans).
This made for a hot and uncomfortable time for all. Is there some
reason, i.e. points or something, that they couldn't use the fast line
as well? Are they unable to reverse the trains?

Yrs in ignorance.