Old July 14th 05, 04:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Lepherd Phil Lepherd is offline

Default Emergency services gone crazy

Is it just me, or has the amount of emergency services using their sirens
increased in the days since 7/7? Each and every time I set foot outside this
week, the air has been split by about three emergency vehicles sreaming
past. Hey! As I type this I can hear the shreik through the window!

There is an almost 100% certainty of going deaf whilst walking through
Shepherds Bush Common these days.
Is the hot weather causing emergencies, or are more people panicking and
ringing emergency services for whatever reason; or maybe there are the usual
number of bomb hoaxes rung through by cretins? I saw the police block off
Wood Lane (to the BBC) the other day. That's got hoax written all over it.

Or maybe I'm only noticing the racket now.