Old July 14th 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Taking a dog on the underground

In message . com,
AndyColeman writes
Hi,

Next week we will need to take our dog (a Labrador) on a little journey
from Finchley Central to Waterloo. From there we will be going down to
Haslemere on the mainline. I am not too worried about the mainline
train but is it ok for me to take the dog on the tube? I have seen
others with dogs so it is presumably ok, but just wondered if it was
not allowed in the central parts of the network.

One concern is the escalators. I have seen signs on some escalators
indicating that dogs need to be carried. As she is 30kg this could be
difficult on a long escalator. I can pick her up when get on and off
but it should be safe to put her down while traveling up.

Thanks for any advice.

Just to add a possible route, albeit it a bit of a long way round, you
could take the Northern Line from Finchley Central to Bank, and then the
Waterloo & City line from there.
The only escalators you will encounter are those between the Northern
and W&C platforms at Bank, which have a central fixed staircase. Access
from the W&C platforms at Waterloo to the mainline concourse is by
stairs.
This does assume you aren't planning on travelling at a time when the
W&C is closed.
--
Daniel (a.k.a Spyke)
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. Replace the bit before the