Old August 27th 03, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Patrick Joe Patrick is offline

Default Exact Fare Only

I remember a visit to New York quite a few years ago when my wife
and I boarded a bus (at the airport) only to learn that not only
was there an exact fare of 50 cents when we had no US money smaller
than a $5 bill, but that I couldn't use paper money even to pay for
two fares at once. As I recall, one of the passengers already on the
bus kindly changed my $5 for five $1's, and another passenger then
gave me four quarters (25 cents, you know) for that.

When I was in NY last August I asked why it was no paper money and they said
that the machines that suck out the money would simply shread the paper
money
--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out