Old August 27th 03, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default Ticket Gates & Oyster Cards

David Walters wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:29:16 +0100, Joe Patrick wrote:

At stations where the UTS gates remain open for a part of the day, will they
close the gates and leave the side gate open but unlocked when the oyster
becomes introduced, or will they stay open like at the moment?

They will stay open but you will still have to swipe your Oyster.
Not all stations have gates but validators have been fitted in most
places. The prepay is going to require a certain amount of
honesty/random checks but that's no change from the current system.

In fact, the other day I noticed that validators have been fitted at the
DLR stations I use. They're just stuck in the middle of no-where,
generally hanging around the places where people might walk past.