Old August 27th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Old LT Garages

In message , Nick
Hewitt writes

5) Where was Riverside Garage? I thought it was somewhere on the
one-way system surrounding the current bus station, but a photograph I
saw said it was on Talgarth Road.

It was in Great Church Street which is indeed on the present one-way
system. It was just to the east of the exit from the new Hammersmith Bus
Station (see other post).

6) Where was Hammersmith depot? I am talking about the former
trolleybus & BEA coach garage. Was it in Great Church Lane?

No, it was certainly not the same garage as Riverside - I think the bus
garage was renamed as "Riverside" in order to avoid confusion between
the two.

I'm almost certain that the trolleybus depot was in Shepherd's Bush
Road, next to the old Osram Lamp Factory (now Tesco) facing Brook Green,
and backing onto more LT land (the Hammersmith & City line depot).
There's a picture at http://www.trolleybus.net/resume.htm (scroll down
to the bottom left).

--
Paul Terry