Old July 15th 05, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Alek Alek is offline

Default Tube staff experiences on 07/07

I wonder just how far Boltar`s knowledge of how the Bus System performed in
the immediate aftermath of the Bombings is based on his own geoghraphical
location and then by hearsay ?
The initial reports which continued for several hours constantly mentioned
THREE bus bombs.
As a Busdriver myself I know that Communications between Controllers and
Drivers is what defines the service level.
The use of the word "Scarper" appears to indicate a belief that Drivers went
home with their vehicles or abandoned them on the side of the road.
I would have imagined that Drivers were INSTRUCTED to go Out of Service in
anticipation of further bombers attempting to board.
In a City the size of London this instruction may well have taken time to
diseminate from CentreComm.
I would imagine that upon mature reflection Boltar might see his original
posting as perhaps a tad to tabloidish for the more erudite readers of these
groups.
Instead he could perhaps contact TfL and enquire as to what instructions
were given to the Bus Drivers in the immediate aftermath.
Today in a few hours I shall be taking capacity loads of Muslim worshippers
from outside of our largest Mosque after Friday Prayers.
Many of the congregation fit the visual profile of the London Bombers to a
T,even down to the carrying of backpacks and shoulder bags.
If I behave as Boltar suggests Then I will simply stay away from work or
pass the milling throng by in Out Of Service mode.
I plan to do neither of these things but to carry on in my normal manner and
transport the passengers as normal.
There are far worse things in this life than a "Nasty Taste" but thats
exactly what Boltar`s somewhat insular opinion of the immediate aftermath of
July 7th is leaving in many London Bus Users mouths.