Old July 15th 05, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ed Lake Ed Lake is offline

Default London: Four suicide bombers?

umpston wrote:
I didn't hear any reports saying it was NOT suicide bombers. Almost
every report I heard mentioned the possibility that it might either be
suicide bombings or planted bombs. Naturally nobody wanted to confirm
it either way until the Police found enough evidence.

Correct. There was speculation about suicide bombers, but the police
kept saying there was no EVIDENCE of it. Now there is evidence of it.

I was only looking at the evidence.

Maybe - but you were inaccurate when you said "But it's a mystery why
there were so many reports saying the train bombings were NOT the work
of suicide bombers." I do not believe the reports actually said that.

From the July 18 issue of Newsweek:
"With some relief, police officials saw no involvement by suicide bombers."

Mo

No indication suicide bombers behind London blasts

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050708/323/fmxp6.html

Police rule out suicide bomber

Source:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...?oneclick=true

Some news agencies reported that an unnamed U.S. law-enforcement official said evidence indicates that the devices were detonated by timers, which would rule out suicide attacks.

Police said they did not know whether the bomb was on or under a seat when it went off, and although they hadn't ruled out the possibility, said they had no indication a suicide bomber was responsible.

Source:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl..._COPY/BNStory/

There were many MANY more, but it's hard to find them now.

Ed