Old July 15th 05, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Why can't the Picc terminate southbound at Wood Green?

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:09:03 GMT, Stuart
wrote:

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

Nothing has run through since Thursday. Hence we have 73 stock parked
up all over the place, South Harrow & Ealing Common for two and I
suspect Uxbridge, although I've not been there since I left my train
there on the day.

Oops, pressed send too early

So there's too many trains in the wrong places. Are there any other
routes to transfer them from the Arnos Grove end to the section west of
Hyde Park corner?

No - regrettably the Picc Line is a "trunk route" between key depot
locations like Ruislip, Acton and Lillie Bridge and other tube lines
like the Northern and Victoria. The key crossovers and junctions are at
Kings Cross and Finsbury Park.

I can't see how you get the trains rebalanced until the Picc Line is
available again to move stock through the tunnels.
--
Paul C