Old July 15th 05, 03:55 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default They say 4 ( was 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

In article .com,
Peter Vos writes
Kind of odd coincidence the bombs went off there. But examining your
detailed layout it actually looks like the bombs went off right around
Aldgate Junction and Praed Street Junction. Is that true?

Near, not at. In the latter case, I believe the train was only just
leaving Edgware Road and hadn't got near the junction.

If true, it suggests a significantly higher level of research beyond
merely riding the trains and checking out TfL maps.

Not really: the junctions are obvious from the maps and from riding the
trains.

If it was actually intended, then scheduling becomes more relevant
because you have to pick two trains that will simultaneously hit the
junctions.

But they didn't, and in any case it isn't predictable on a day-to-day
basis.

I wonder why they didn't hop off at Edgware Road and
Liverpool Street while leaving the packages behind.

That's a different question which we may never know the answer to.

Would you get as far as Edgware and Liverpool?

No. Circle Line trains don't go to either.

Now yer bein' churlish.... Edgware ROAD and Liverpool STREET

I think the proclivity for abbr. is a cultural thing. In the US we
abbr. everything.

In the UK we don't, particularly when it matters.

Near me is a station where trains go from the same platform to Liverpool
Street and to Liverpool. Liverpool Lime Street, to be precise. Details
matter.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: