Old July 15th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Boothroyd David Boothroyd is offline

Default Hearsay

In article .com,
wrote:

A bit worrying that I have both main ingredients, in very small
quantities, at home. Acetone is a useful solvent for fibre glass resin
and hydrogen peroxide is an antisceptic. Looks as though I might be
using alternatives from now on.

In order to make Acetone peroxide you also need a mineral acid (to
act as a catalyst) and keep the mixture cool to stop unstable
products forming. Also helps if the Peroxide is in industrial strength
(at least 20 volume), as you don't get much product otherwise.

Not that I want to encourage you to do this. Acetone peroxide is
almost as unstable a high explosive as Nitrogen triiodide.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-