Old July 16th 05, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Emergency services gone crazy

In message , Phil Lepherd
writes
Is it just me, or has the amount of emergency services using their sirens
increased in the days since 7/7? Each and every time I set foot outside this
week, the air has been split by about three emergency vehicles sreaming
past. Hey! As I type this I can hear the shreik through the window!

Or maybe I'm only noticing the racket now.

I work near Aldgate and by 5 pm on that Thursday the sirens were
beginning to get to most of us at work. It's like trying to carry on
as usual in a war zone, and I would imagine most people in the City
had the same experience.

Now I just think we're all a bit over sensitive to sirens, but hopefully
that will fade.

I saw a lot of police cars charging along empty roads, sirens going
like mad that afternoon. Was it necessary, does it help ?
I think it's a bit soon to ask, but the use of sirens and their effect
on
the morale of the populace needs looking at IMHO.

--
Edward Cowling London UK