Old July 16th 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default They say 4 ( was 2 is more likely (was London bombs - the work of ONE man?)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:33:51 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

The only time that the full picture truly does emerge is when an
official report does get published.

Meanwhile, Tim O'Toole's statement to the TfL Board yesterday, which is
at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=432
is a useful summary of what happened, including details that some people
may not yet be aware of, as well as deserved praise well expressed.

I have to say that as both a commuter and an amateur researcher into
certain aspects of LU's history, I have been very impressed with Tim
O'Toole in the last nine days, not just in his obvious leadership
qualities essential at a time like this, but also for his unstinting
support for his staff, and his efforts to explain a very complex
situation, unfortunately largely to a media that seems intent on
deliberately misunderstanding those explanations for the sake of a
"good story." It beggared belief, after watching some of the press
conference he did with the Met and the BTP, live with one's own eyes,
seeing them subsequently being distorted out of all recognition by the
press.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk