Old July 16th 05, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian F. Ian F. is offline

Default Emergency services gone crazy

"terzal" wrote in message
oups.com...

Personally, I used to turn the siren off if there was no traffic, and
no obvious hazards ahead. A (very) few of my colleagues used to turn
the siren on leaving the station, and off once they got to the scene.
Each to their own.

That's my complaint too. It's not the use of sirens, which are obviously
essential in busy areas, but what happens here in Balham is that police cars
tear along with sirens blaring at 3.00am or 4.00am on an absolutely deserted
Balham High Road! In this weather, those of us that live on the main road
and have our bedroom windows open can't help but be woken up.

I have had a letter published in the local paper on this issue, to no avail.
I reckon these sirens are just penis extensions for some kiddie-coppers.

Ian