Old August 28th 03, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Ticket Gates & Oyster Cards

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:06:22 -0400, Roland Perry wrote:
In article , Robert Woolley
writes
Allegedly a maximum cost single will be deducted and then some
credit will be put back on at the end of your journey.

Correct.

If you only validate on exit, the full cost comes off.

The full cost of what? Are you implying it would be the most expensive
fare that you could have needed to get there (eg a single from Z5 if you
were exiting in Z1)?

Single from Z6D I assume (5.50) since they have no way of knowing
if you changed, traveled through zone 1 to get to your current zone
etc.

Is there any warning in case it was an equipment
fault that prevented the registration of the start of your journey?

If the gates are open you need to wait for them to say enter. If
you swipe to quickly (which I assume means the communication between
the barrier and your card hasn't finished) then you get a seek
assitance together with some loud beeping.

David