Old July 17th 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Grebbsy McLaren Grebbsy McLaren is offline

Default Emergency services gone crazy

It was a dark and stormy night when David Bradley
wrote in article cd3jd1p0tjhvpdrmor5no07vjbugl
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:20:40 +0100, Grebbsy McLaren
wrote:

[snip]

Same happened to me on my way home to London near Farnham, Hants; police
car shot out across a light-controlled crossroads on the A31 at a good
60mph, while I was crossing under a green light at a similar speed, and
missed me by a hairsbreadth. It would have been a spectacular smash if
I'd been a second or two further on.

[snip]

Farnham is in Surrey. Of that stretch of the A31 [within Farnham] there are
two sets of traffic lights, both junctions having excellent all round
visability to spot vehicles "jumping the red". Would suggest that you were
either driving without due care and attention not to observe pontential danger
or the near miss was more like a mile.

You are now a member of the tall story club.

I stand corrected regarding the county.

As for the rest, I should point out that it was past midnight and pitch
black. Surely any police vehicle going wrong-road across a major
junction (I think it would have been the A287, but not being local can't
swear to it) should use all warning precautions in these circumstances?

Grebbsy
--
"All vampires suck, but not all who suck are vampires."
(--B.J.Kuehl)

:::Grebbsy :::::::lemon curry?:::