Old July 17th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] bowroaduk@yahoo.com is offline

Default Tube staff experiences on 07/07

Let's just hope then that LU only use any quotes from said experiences
in the public domain *after* checking first with the contributer(s)
concerned. I wonder if this intranet facility is being provided to some
extent as part of a cathartic process in getting staff to talk about
what happened to them on the day and on how they were affected? Nothing
wrong with that of course.

The TfL website described 7/7 as the worst day in the Underground's
history, which surely means their collective memory does not go back as
far as WW11 and various events at Bank, Balham and Bethnal Green?
(Though it would be bad taste to play a cynical numbers game
re.victims.)

Interestingly, I've already has hassle when taking photos on LU with
staff citing 7/7 as reason for the "ban"(Sic). Sadly this is how
dictorship starts - as of course there is no ban on general personal
photography on LU (save the usual well-discussed caveats) but perhaps
now maybe we should introduce one "to be on the safe side"? Remember
terrorism is all about making people change their daily routine and
general way of life.