Old July 17th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Tube staff experiences on 07/07

On 17 Jul 2005 08:18:00 -0700, wrote:

Let's just hope then that LU only use any quotes from said experiences
in the public domain *after* checking first with the contributer(s)
concerned. I wonder if this intranet facility is being provided to some
extent as part of a cathartic process in getting staff to talk about
what happened to them on the day and on how they were affected? Nothing
wrong with that of course.

My very limited experience and some feedback from people who work for me
is that a lot of LU people do want to talk about what has happened.

Interestingly, I've already has hassle when taking photos on LU with
staff citing 7/7 as reason for the "ban"(Sic). Sadly this is how
dictorship starts - as of course there is no ban on general personal
photography on LU (save the usual well-discussed caveats) but perhaps
now maybe we should introduce one "to be on the safe side"? Remember
terrorism is all about making people change their daily routine and
general way of life.

A somewhat ironic reaction given

a) the police's repeated pleas for any photo evidence held by the
public.
b) the general recognition by organisations like BAA that allowing
enthusiasts to take photos without undue restriction is a good thing.
After some lobbying the TOCs and Network Rail have now agreed a code of
practice for photography on the railway system that is designed to
permit access and not restrict it.
c) there is no evidence whatsoever that allowing people to take
photographs of what TfL itself calls a London attraction had anything to
do with the events of 10 days ago.
--
Paul C