Old August 28th 03, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Ticket Gates & Oyster Cards

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:03:10 -0400, Roland Perry wrote:
In article , David Walters
writes
If the gates are open you need to wait for them to say enter. If
you swipe to quickly (which I assume means the communication between
the barrier and your card hasn't finished) then you get a seek
assitance together with some loud beeping.

Bt what it you don't enter via a gate, but use one of the devices at the
ex carnet-verifier sites (like Farringdon station)?

They have a series of LEDs. Wait for the green one to come on. I
expect the LCD display might say something helpful and they might
even beep but I'm yet to find one that is open.

David