Old July 18th 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Name This Underground Station

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:42:35 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Robin Mayes wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Many many years ago as a child I remember travelling on the london
underground and we reached this terminus station and was wondering
if anyone knew which station it was. From what I can remember it
was an island platform and at the end of the platform was some
stairs heading down but you could also see outside from the top of
the stairs.

Any ideas where this may be?

Thanks

Aldgate?

But the stairs go up from the platform. The OP said "it was an island
platform and at the end of the platform was some stairs heading down",
which suggests that the stairs go down from the platform. Could dmacw
please clarify that this was what he meant?

I agree that the stairs issue needs resolving.

Having worked my way round the tube map I can't think of any candidates
that are traditional termini - i.e. at the end of a line and not some
intermediate turning point - where there are stairs down from the
platform. Everywhere is either level or has stais / escalators going up.

Leytonstone works after a fashion if you were on the westbound island
platform because the stairs do go down and you can see outside - just!
Not a terminal but trains did terminate there at times.

Loughton? - on a similar basis to that for Leytonstone?

--
Paul C